Charles Ives Music Festival
Chamber Music Weekend Workshop
November 2 & 3, 2019
Featuring graduates of the Juilliard School and other major conservatories as Artist-Faculty. To meet our artist-faculty, go to Artist-Faculty
ENROLLMENT DEADLINE: Tuesday, October 8th
The Charles Ives Music Festival at the WCYO invites to its Chamber Music Weekend Workshop all instrumentalists ages 21 and under who have a driven passion for music, are committed to the pursuit of a high level of music performance, and have at least two years experience on their instrument. Throughout the weekend, participants will work extensively with artist-faculty in a unique and inspiring artistic environment to develop their artistry and musicianship. CIMF is led by artistic director, Paul Frucht, and associate artistic director, Jon Cziner.
– The Workshop runs 9:30 AM – 5:00 PM both Saturday and Sunday at Scotts Ridge Middle School in Ridgefield, CT. The participant concert will take place at 3:30 PM on Sunday at Scotts Ridge Middle School.
– Each participant will rehearse in one chamber music group culminating in a concert performance on Sunday. Each group will include at least one Artist-Faculty member who will lead all rehearsals throughout the weekend. Participants may also have the opportunity to perform solo works as part of the concert.
– Artist-Faculty for the workshop will include flutist Katie Althen, violinist/violist George Meyer, violist Molly Goldman, cellist Mitch Lyon and pianist Mika Sasaki.
– Participants will receive a ticket to the CIMF artist concert in the evening of November 2nd, featuring Guest Artists Julian Schwarz (cello) and Marika Bournaki (piano).
– Participants will attend a master class led by the Artist-Faculty and Guest Artists focusing on both solo and chamber works. Other specialized group activities may be included as well.
Please contact us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or (203) 894-8786.
1. Enroll online (link below) OR download, print, complete and return the printable enrollment form (link below). The printable form can be scanned and send it as an email attachment to email@example.com, or mailed to CIMF at WCYO, PO Box 964, Ridgefield, CT 06877
2. Enrollment forms must be postmarked by Tuesday, October 8, 2019 if sent by mail or submitted no later than 11:59 PM EST on Tuesday, October 8 if completed online or emailed.
3. Those who are not current members of the WCYO must submit a video for appropriate placement into chamber groups. Videos should be submitted either as email attachments or via Google Drive or another data sharing service such as Dropbox. Please upload a video of yourself performing two contrasting works and put them in a folder titled “‘Your Name – Weekend Workshop 2019”. Share a link to the folder with firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Applicants who are current WCYO members do not need to submit a video.
WEEKEND WORKSHOP PRINTABLE APPLICATION
WEEKEND WORKSHOP SECURE ONLINE APPLICATION
Tuition for participation in the Weekend Workshop is $225.00 for non-WCYO members and $175.00 for current WCYO members.
Tuition can be paid with a credit card or PayPal via link below
($5 transaction fee applied)
by check made out to WCYO and sent to
WCYO, PO Box 964, Ridgefield, CT 06877.