Specific Information on the Summer 2023 Chamber Music Intensive, as well as application and audition information, will be available later in the fall. Please see the program description and general information below.
CMI is a program for advanced youth musicians ages 21 and under seeking to immerse themselves in the art of chamber music. Participants should have several years experience on their instruments and should have prior chamber music experience. Throughout the week, participants will rehearse with artist-faculty in at least one chamber group culminating in a performance presented on the CIMF Artist Concert Series. Additionally, participants will perform in master classes, analyze their repertoire, and receive one 45 private lesson with artist-faculty.
– This is a day program that runs 9:30 AM – 4:00 PM Monday through Friday with concerts on select evenings.
– Each participant will rehearse in at least one chamber music group led by an artist-faculty member.
– Participants will received one 45-minute private lesson with an artist-faculty member.
– Participants will receive tickets to all CIMF artist concerts throughout the summer 2023 festival.
– Participants will perform in master classes led by the artist-faculty and guest artists focusing on both solo and chamber works.
– Participants will explore repertoire analysis, as well as other activities that augment their study of chamber music.
NOTE: ALL participants in the CMI program who play orchestral instruments (strings, winds, brass, percussion) are required to participate in the COPP program the following week, unless they cannot participate in the second week in order to attend college orientation/first week of college during the week of COPP. WCYO alumni participating in the CMI week are required to participate in the CIMF Orchestra during COPP, but not the entire program unless they so choose.