Skip to content
- SUBMIT AN APPLICATION!
Final Application Deadline: April 18, 2022
All CIMF youth applicants submit one single application regardless of which summer program they are applying for – Chamber Music Intensive (CMI) or Chamber & Orchestra Performance Program (COPP).
Current WCYO Members
– Current WCYO members are automatically accepted into the Chamber & Orchestra Performance Program (COPP) provided they submit their application by the early deadline of January 18th.
– Current WCYO members participating in the spring 2022 Chamber Music Intensive program are automatically accepted in the summer Chamber Music Intensive (CMI) and Chamber & Orchestra Performance Program (COPP) provided they submit their application by the final deadline.
– Current WCYO members may apply to one or both programs after the early deadline, but will need to audition for admission.
NOTE: ALL participants in the CMI program who play orchestral instruments (strings, winds, brass, percussion) are required to participate in the COPP program the following week, unless they cannot participate in the second week in order to attend college orientation/first week of college during the week of COPP. College-age musicians participating in the CMI week are required to participate in the CIMF Orchestra during COPP, but not the entire program unless they so choose.
Applicants do NOT need to submit audition materials when they submit their application.
Applicants must pay a $20 application fee.
- REVIEW THE AUDITION REQUIREMENTS
– Click HERE to review the audition requirements or scroll down and see below
- AUDITION LIVE OR VIA VIDEO SUBMISSION
– Participants are encouraged to opt for live auditions, which will take place on Sunday, April 24, 2022.
– Participants may submit a video audition in place of a live audition. Videos must be submitted by the final application deadline of April 18, 2022. Applicants do NOT need to submit audition videos when they submit their application. Videos should be submitted either as email attachments or via Google Drive or another data sharing service such as Dropbox. Please upload a video of yourself performing two contrasting works and the scales and arpeggios listed below under AUDITION REQUIREMENTS and put them in a folder titled “Your Name – CIMF 2022”. Share the link to the folder with firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SUPPORTING MATERIALS (if applicable)
– Applicants may ask private teachers or music professionals to submit letters of recommendation on their behalf to email@example.com no later than the final application deadline of April 18, 2022.
– Composers must submit supporting representative materials (more information below) not later than the final application deadline of April 18, 2022.
- TIMELINE for 2022
– Monday, January 18 – Early Application Deadline for current WCYO Members
– Monday, April 18 – Final Application Deadline
– Saturday, April 24 – Live Auditions
– Friday, April 29 – Admissions Decisions Announced (on or before this date)
– Monday, May 9 – Deadline for Accepted Applicants to Confirm Their Participation (including completion of commitment forms and payment of tuition)
– Week of May 23 – CMI and COPP Chamber Music Assignments Announced and Music Sent Out
– June – Assignments and seating for the CIMF Orchestra during the COPP week are announced, along with other Festival information
– August 1-14 – CIMF 2022!
SCHOLARSHIPS / FINANCIALS ASSISTANCE
CIMF offers financial assistance to accepted participants based on need. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and other financial hardships face by members of our community, we are currently only offering need-based scholarships, but in the future will resume merit-based scholarships as well. Accepted participants who require financial assistance in order to attend CIMF should complete the financial aid form and sent it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are firm in our belief that cost should not be a barrier to participating in CIMF.
Note: Live auditions may also include a sight-reading component
Woodwinds, Brass, Harp & Strings:
– Any two contrasting solo works – one of these works may be replaced by two orchestral excerpts of your choosing.
– Any two major scales and arpeggios selected by the applicant, at least two octaves
– At least two contrasting solo works
– Any two major and any two minor scales and arpeggios selected by the applicant, at least three octaves
– Any two contrasting solo works – one of these should be on a mallet instrument and the other should be on snare drum or timpani
– Any two major and any two minor scales and arpeggios selected by the participant, at least three octaves
– PDF scores and MP3 recordings (MIDI is acceptable) of 1-3 works composed since January 1, 2016. It is strongly recommended that at least one of these be a chamber work that could be performed at CIMF
– Complete list of all compositions including names of pieces, instrumentation, dates of completion, and any details of performances
– All materials should be sent to email@example.com by April 18th