APPLY FOR SUMMER 2024
Application Deadline – Monday, April 1, 2024
Applications submitted after April 1, 2024 will be added to a waitlist.
In person auditions will be held Saturday, April 6 and Sunday, April 7
Video auditions must be submitted by April 1st.
Final audition results announced – April 15, 2024
Participant acceptance deadline – May 3, 2024
- SUBMIT AN APPLICATION!
All CIMF youth applicants submit one single application regardless of which summer program they are applying for – Chamber Music Intensive (CMI) or Chamber & Orchestra Performance Program (COPP). CIMF programs are open to participants ages 21 and under.
NOTE: ALL participants in the CMI program who play orchestral instruments (strings, winds, brass, percussion) are required to participate in the COPP program the following week, unless they cannot participate in the second week in order to attend college orientation/first week of college during the week of COPP. College-age musicians participating in the CMI week are required to participate in the CIMF Orchestra during COPP, but not the entire program unless they so choose.
Applicants do NOT need to submit audition materials when they submit their application, but all materials must be submitted prior to either the early or final audition date.
Applicants must pay a $20 application fee.
(WCYO Alumni – Orchestra ONLY application click HERE)
- REVIEW THE AUDITION REQUIREMENTS
– Click HERE to review the audition requirements or scroll down and see below
- AUDITION LIVE OR VIA VIDEO SUBMISSION
– Live auditions are strongly recommended, but video recordings are also acceptable. Live auditions, which will take place on Saturday, April 6, 2024 and Sunday, April 7, 2024.
– Participants may submit a video audition in place of a live audition if unavailable on April 6 and 7. Videos must be submitted by the application deadline of April 1, 2024. Videos should be submitted either as email attachments or via Google Drive or another data sharing service such as Dropbox. Please upload a video of yourself performing two contrasting works and the scales and arpeggios listed below under AUDITION REQUIREMENTS and put them in a folder titled “Your Name – CIMF 2024”. Share the link to the folder with email@example.com.
– Note that upon acceptance, decisions regarding seating placement in the CIMF Orchestra, invitation to perform with CIMF Chamber Orchestra, placement in chamber groups, and possible invitation to perform with CIMF Artist-Faculty on a CIMF Artist Concert are all based on participants’ performance in their CIMF auditions.
- SUPPORTING MATERIALS (if applicable)
– Applicants may ask private teachers or music professionals to submit letters of recommendation on their behalf to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the application deadline of April 1, 2024.
– Composers must submit supporting representative materials (more information below) not later than the final application deadline of April 1, 2024.
- TIMELINE for 2024
– Application deadline – April 1
– Audition days – April 6 & 7
– Final audition results announced – April 15
– Participant acceptance deadline – May 3
– Tuition for accepted musicians due – May 15
Applications received after April 1st will be waitlisted. Waitlist applicants will be contacted after May 3rd with regard to status.
– CMI and COPP chamber music assignments announced and music sent out – by the end of May
– Assignments and seating for the CIMF Orchestra during the COPP week are announced, along with other Festival information – by mid-June
SCHOLARSHIPS / FINANCIALS ASSISTANCE
CIMF offers financial assistance to accepted participants based on need. Accepted participants who require financial assistance in order to attend CIMF should complete the financial aid form and send it to email@example.com. We are firm in our belief that cost should not be a barrier to participating in CIMF. Click HERE for the financial assistance form.
Note: Live auditions may also include a sight-reading component
Woodwinds, Brass, Harp & Strings:
– Any two contrasting solo works – one of these works may be replaced by two orchestral excerpts of your choosing.
– Any two major scales and arpeggios selected by the applicant, at least two octaves
– At least two contrasting solo works
– Any two major and any two minor scales and arpeggios selected by the applicant, at least three octaves
– Any two contrasting solo works – one of these should be on a mallet instrument and the other should be on snare drum or timpani
– Any two major and any two minor scales and arpeggios selected by the participant, at least three octaves
– PDF scores and MP3 recordings (MIDI is acceptable) of 1-3 works composed since January 1, 2020. It is strongly recommended that at least one of these be a chamber work that could be performed at CIMF
– Complete list of all compositions including names of pieces, instrumentation, dates of completion, and any details of performances
– All materials should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 1st