CIMF Chamber & Orchestra Performance Program
August 7-13, 2023
White Hall & Ives Concert Hall on the midtown campus of
Western Connecticut State University, Danbury, CT
FINAL APPLICATION DEADLINE HAS PAST
Applications submitted after April 10, 2023 will be added to a waitlist.
Final audition results announced – April 28, 2023
Participants commitment deadline – May 5, 2023
Applications received after April 10th will be waitlisted.
Waitlist applicants will be contacted after May 5th with regard to status.
Tuition Due For All Participants – May 15, 2023
Orchestra ONLY Tuition: $100 for WCYO alumni and for college students participating in CMI but not the full COPP program
Click HERE to learn more about application and audition information
Click HERE to apply online
WCYO Alumni – Orchestra ONLY application click HERE
Open to participants ages 21 and under with at least two years experience on their instruments, the Chamber & Orchestra Performance Program invites youth musicians who play orchestra instruments and composers to spend a week with CIMF Artist-Faculty in chamber music groups, orchestra, master classes, private lessons, and specialized sessions.
– This is a day program that runs 9:30 AM – 4:00 PM Monday, August 7th through Saturday, August 12th, with concerts on select evenings and a concert on Sunday, August 13th in the afternoon.
– Each participant will rehearse in at least one chamber music group led by an artist-faculty member. Each group will perform in concert on Sunday, August 13th.
– All participants will play in the CIMF Orchestra led by Eric Mahl. Seating will be determined by applicants’ auditions and/or their participation in WCYO if applicable.
– Some participants will be invited to perform with the CIMF Chamber Orchestra, a smaller group also led by Eric Mahl. This group will perform 1-3 pieces at the same concert as the CIMF Orchestra. Placement in this group will be determined by Paul Frucht and Eric Mahl based on CIMF Auditions and the specific orchestral forces required to perform the selected repertoire.
– Participants will receive tickets to all CIMF arts concerts throughout the summer 2023 festival.
– Participants will attend master classes led by the artist-faculty and guest artists focusing on both solo and chamber works. Participants will also attend specialized activities such as improvisation, Alexander Technique, and audition preparation.
All accepted participants are required to sign 1) Commitment, Waiver & Consent, 2) Code of Conduct, 3) Communicable Disease Release of Liability & Assumption of Risk Agreement, and 4) Informed Consent forms. Click HERE to access forms.
TUITION IS DUE BY MONDAY, MAY 15, 2023
Tuition is payable by credit card/PayPal using the “Add to Cart” button at the bottom of this page or via check payable to WCYO and mailed to WCYO, P.O. Box 964, Ridgefield, CT. 06877. If financial assistance is needed, please complete the WCYO Financial Assistance Application and return with the commitment packet to maintain your placement. NOTE: Please white out or black out social security numbers on IRS 1040 before submitting.
TO PAY TUITION ONLINE, SELECT THE PROGRAM YOU ARE PAYING FOR FROM THE DROP-DOWN MENU BELOW, THEN CLICK “ADD TO CART”.
NOTE: If you are paying for more than one program, you can add multiple selections to your cart by clicking on “Continue Shopping” in PayPal before checking out.