CIMF Chamber Music Intensive Program
July 29-August 2, 2024
White Hall & Ives Concert Hall on the midtown campus of
Western Connecticut State University, Danbury, CT
Application deadline – Monday, April 1, 2024
Applicants notified of their admissions decisions – April 15, 2024
Participants commitment deadline – May 3, 2024
Applications received after April 1st will be considered on a rolling basis determined by the instrumental needs of the program.
Tuition Due For All Participants – May 15, 2024
Click HERE to learn more about application and audition information
Click HERE to apply online
CMI is a program for advanced youth musicians ages 21 and under seeking to immerse themselves in the art of chamber music. Participants should have several years experience on their instruments and should have prior chamber music experience. Throughout the week, participants will rehearse with artist-faculty in at least one chamber group culminating in a performance presented on the CIMF Artist Concert Series. Additionally, participants will perform in master classes, analyze their repertoire, and receive one 45 private lesson with artist-faculty.
– This is a day program that runs 9:30 AM – 4:00 PM Monday, July 29 through Friday, August 2, 2024 with concerts on select evenings.
– Each participant will rehearse in at least one chamber music group led by an artist-faculty member.
– Participants will received one 45-minute private lesson with an artist-faculty member.
– Participants will receive tickets to select CIMF artist concerts throughout the summer 2024 festival.
– Participants will perform in master classes led by the artist-faculty and guest artists focusing on both solo and chamber works.
– Participants will explore repertoire analysis, as well as other activities that augment their study of chamber music.
NOTE: ALL participants in the CMI program who play orchestral instruments (strings, winds, brass, percussion) are required to participate in the COPP program the following week, unless they cannot participate in the second week in order to attend college orientation/first week of college during the week of COPP. WCYO alumni participating in the CMI week are required to participate in the CIMF Orchestra during COPP, but not the entire program unless they so choose.
All accepted participants are required to sign a Commitment, Waiver & Consent form and a Code of Conduct form. These forms will be sent via DocuSign for signature by a parent or guardian. Click HERE to access hard copies of forms.
TUITION IS DUE BY WEDNESDAY, MAY 15, 2024
Tuition is payable by credit card/PayPal using the “Add to Cart” button at the bottom of this page or via check payable to WCYO and mailed to WCYO, P.O. Box 964, Ridgefield, CT. 06877. If financial assistance is needed, please complete the WCYO Financial Assistance Application and return with the commitment packet to maintain your placement. NOTE: Please white out or black out social security numbers on IRS 1040 before submitting.
TO PAY TUITION ONLINE, SELECT THE PROGRAM YOU ARE PAYING FOR FROM THE DROP-DOWN MENU BELOW, THEN CLICK “ADD TO CART”.
NOTE: If you are paying for more than one program, you can add multiple selections to your cart by clicking on “Continue Shopping” in PayPal before checking out.