Charles Ives Music Festival Chamber Music Intensive – August 1-6, 2022
Our application deadline has passed. However, we are still accepting applications to the waiting list should openings arise in either the CMI or COPP program. Applicants on the waiting list may still audition live on April 24th or by video upload and will be notified of their admissions status on or before Friday, May 13th.
Click HERE to learn more about application and audition information.
Click HERE to apply now.
CMI is a program for advanced youth musicians ages 21 and under seeking to immerse themselves in the art of chamber music. Participants should have several years experience on their instruments and should have prior chamber music experience. Throughout the week, participants will rehearse with artist-faculty in at least one chamber group culminating in a performance presented on the CIMF Artist Concert Series. Additionally, participants will perform in master classes, analyze their repertoire, and receive one 45 private lesson with artist-faculty.
– This is a day program that runs 9:30 AM – 4:00 PM Monday, August 1 through Friday, August 5, 2022 with concerts on select evenings.
– Each participant will rehearse in at least one chamber music group led by an artist-faculty member.
– Participants will received one 45-minute private lesson with an artist-faculty member.
– Participants will receive tickets to all CIMF artist concerts throughout the summer 2022 festival.
– Participants will perform in master classes led by the artist-faculty and guest artists focusing on both solo and chamber works.
– Participants will explore repertoire analysis, as well as other activities that augment their study of chamber music.
NOTE: ALL participants in the CMI program who play orchestral instruments (strings, winds, brass, percussion) are required to participate in the COPP program the following week, unless they cannot participate in the second week in order to attend college orientation/first week of college during the week of COPP. WCYO alumni participating in the CMI week are required to participate in the CIMF Orchestra during COPP, but not the entire program unless they so choose.
REQUIRED FORMS: All accepted participants are required to sign a Communicable Disease Release of Liability & Assumption of Risk Agreement and an Informed Consent Form as well as a Commitment, Waiver & Consent Form and Code of Conduct Form.
PAYMENT: Tuition is payable by credit card/PayPal using the “Add to Cart” button at the bottom of this page or via check payable to WCYO and mailed to WCYO, P.O. Box 964, Ridgefield, CT. 06877. If financial assistance is needed, please complete the WCYO Financial Assistance Application and return with the commitment packet to maintain your placement.
TUITION IS DUE BY MONDAY, MAY 9, 2022.
TO PAY TUITION, SELECT THE PROGRAM YOU ARE PAYING FOR FROM THE DROP-DOWN MENU BELOW, THEN CLICK “ADD TO CART”.
NOTE: If you are paying form more than one program, you can add multiple selections to your cart by clicking on “Continue Shopping” in PayPal before checking out.