CIMF Virtual Solo and Chamber Music Competition
Enrollment Deadline: June 15, 2020
Virtual Competition – SECURE ONLINE APPLICATION
CIMF invites all 2020 participants to enroll in a virtual performance competition from which one or more winners will be awarded. The winner(s) will perform their selected works on a future CIMF Artist Concert.
– Participants may enroll as solo musicians and/or as part of a pre-formed chamber group.
– Participants may select their own repertoire.
– Participants will be assigned to a CIMF Artist-Faculty, who will give them a 60 minute virtual coaching to discuss technique, musicianship, and the piece they are playing.
– Participants enrolling as part of a pre-formed chamber group may include non-CIMF group members with advanced approval.
– Participants will make a final video or audio recording. All video and audio recordings will be posted to the CIMF website with permission.
– Winner(s) selected by CIMF Artist-Faculty and Artistic Director, Paul Frucht, will be invited to perform their work at a future live, in-person CIMF Artist Concert.
There is a $100 fee to enroll for soloists, $75 for chamber musicians each, and $175 for those who want to enroll in both – this assists us in covering the cost of our valued artist-faculty to provide coaching.
June 15 – Enrollment deadline
July 7-17 – Virtual coachings take place
July 27 – Final recordings submitted
Early August – Winner(s) announced