Specific Information on the Summer 2023 Chamber & Orchestra Performance Program, as well as application and audition information, will be available later in the fall. Please see the program description and general information below.
Open to participants ages 21 and under with at least two years experience on their instruments, the Chamber & Orchestra Performance Program invites youth musicians who play orchestra instruments and composers to spend a week with CIMF Artist-Faculty in chamber music groups, orchestra, master classes, private lessons, and specialized sessions.
– This is a day program that runs 9:30 AM – 4:00 PM Monday through Saturday with concerts on select evenings and a concert on Sunday, August 14th in the afternoon.
– Each participant will rehearse in at least one chamber music group led by an artist-faculty member. Each group will perform in concert at the close of the program.
– All participants will play in the CIMF Orchestra led by Eric Mahl. Seating will be determined by applicants’ auditions and/or their participation in WCYO if applicable.
– Some participants will be invited to perform with the CIMF Chamber Orchestra, a smaller group also led by Eric Mahl. Placement in this group will be determined by Paul Frucht and Eric Mahl based on CIMF Auditions and the specific orchestral forces required to perform the selected repertoire.
– Participants will receive tickets to all CIMF arts concerts throughout the summer 2023 festival.
– Participants will attend master classes led by the artist-faculty and guest artists focusing on both solo and chamber works. Participants will also attend specialized activities such as improvisation, Alexander Technique, and audition preparation.
Hear the 2021 CIMF Orchestra led my conductor Eric Mahl
Jean Sibelius – Finlandia
Aaron Copland – The Tender Land: ThePromise of Living