ADULT CHAMBER MUSIC WORKSHOP – August 5-8, 2020
Featuring graduates of the Juilliard School and other major conservatories as Artist-Faculty, including special guest faculty Julian Schwarz and Marika Bournaki.
All daily events will take place at the First Congregational Church, Ridgefield, CT (103 Main Street)
Final Enrollment Deadline: Friday, March 20th
Adult Chamber Music Workshop – SECURE ONLINE APPLICATION
Adult Chamber Music Workshop – PRINTABLE APPLICATION
To see what we have planned for the workshop, click here:
Adult Chamber Music Workshop – SCHEDULE
The Charles Ives Music Festival at the WCYO invites all instrumentalists ages 22 and over who have a passion for music, are interested in expanding their chamber music experience and exploring the repertoire, and have at least two years of experience on their instrument. Throughout the workshop, participants will work extensively with Artist-Faculty in a unique and inspiring artistic environment to develop their artistry and musicianship. CIMF is led by artistic director, Paul Frucht, and associate artistic director, Jon Cziner.
– All events will take place at First Congregational Church in Ridgefield in
unless otherwise noted.
– The workshop begins with a concert featuring cellist Julian Schwarz and
pianist Marika Bournaki on the evening of Wednesday, August 5th. A CIMF
welcome reception will follow.
– Beginning on August 6th, participants will each rehearse in one chamber
music group culminating in a concert performance on Saturday, August
8th. Each group will include at least one Artist-Faculty member who will
lead all rehearsals throughout the workshop. Workshop Artist-Faculty
include cellist Julian Schwarz, pianist Marika Bournaki, and
violinist/violist George Meyer.
– Participants will each receive one 45-minute private lesson with an Artist-
– Participants will attend in master classes led by the Artist-Faculty focusing
on both solo and chamber works. Participants will also attend specialized
seminars focusing on repertoire study, music theory, music history, and
contemporary issues related to concert music.
– Participants will receive a professional, archival recording of their
performances with their chamber groups.
– Tuition for Workshop is $500.00. Financial aid is available.
– Included in tuition are tickets to all CIMF artist concerts throughout the
workshop and the following week, which will feature guest artists
including cellist Julian Schwarz, pianist Marika Bournaki, and the Ulysses
Quartet, and a catered dinner with the Artist-Faculty and CIMF Artistic
Directors on Thursday, August 6th.
– Download the enrollment form using the link above. Complete the form
and send it as an email attachment to email@example.com, or mail the form to
the following address: WCYO, PO Box 964, Ridgefield, CT 06877
– Participants will not be charged an enrollment fee for enrollment forms
received on or before January 15, 2020 and will be charged $30 for
applications received after that date.
– All application forms must be postmarked by Friday, March 20, 2020 if sent
by mail or submitted no later than 11:59 PM EST on Friday, March 20, 2020
if completed online or emailed.
– Participants are required to audition for appropriate placement in the
Workshop. Auditions will take place March 28th and 29th at First
Congregational Church in Ridgefield. Participants are encouraged to
audition in person, but if that is not possible due to a scheduling conflict,
participants may audition by video submitted no later than March 20th,
2020. Videos should be submitted either as email attachments or via
Google Drive or another data sharing service such as Dropbox. Please
upload a video of yourself performing two contrasting works and put them
in a folder titled “‘Your Name – CIMF Adult Workshop 2020”. Share a link
to the folder with firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
– Any two contrasting solo works. Please keep in mind we cannot provide a
piano accompanist at the audition. If you wish to perform a piece that
requires piano accompaniment, you must provide your own accompanist.
A piano will be available.
– All Major scales and arpeggios.
Please contact us with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or (203) 894-8786.
Charles Ives Music Festival at the WCYO reserves the right to make changes of any nature in the program based upon enrollment and represented instrumentation. This includes changes in content, cancelling of scheduled activities, or substitution of activities.