THE DEADLINE HAS PAST TO APPLY FOR SUMMER 2021 – APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED
The Charles Ives Music Festival Summer 2021 program is no longer accepting applications. To learn more about the program, please view our 2021 festival brochure. Watch for updates in the fall regarding our 2022 festival.
The application deadline for this program has passed.
– CLICK HERE TO PRINT REQUIRED ADMISSION FORMS
– To pay program tuition, click the Add to Cart button below.
To see a sample schedule for the workshop, click here:
Adult Chamber Music Workshop – SCHEDULE
The Charles Ives Music Festival at the WCYO invites all instrumentalists ages 22 and over who have a passion for music, are interested in expanding their chamber music experience and exploring the repertoire, and have at least two years of experience on their instrument. Throughout the workshop, participants will work extensively with Artist-Faculty in a unique and inspiring artistic environment to develop their artistry and musicianship. CIMF is led by Artistic Director Paul Frucht.
-The program will take place at First Congregational Church in Ridgefield, CT, or another comparable venue. Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, we are finalizing the details and will officially announce the venue location shortly.
– The workshop begins with a concert on the evening of Wednesday, August 11th. A CIMF welcome reception will follow.
– Beginning on August 12th, participants will each rehearse in one chamber music group culminating in a concert performance on Saturday, August 14th. Each group will include at least one Artist-Faculty member who will lead all rehearsals throughout the workshop.
– Participants will each receive one 45-minute private lesson with an Artist-Faculty member.
– Participants will attend in master classes led by the Artist-Faculty focusing on both solo and chamber works. Participants will also attend specialized seminars focusing on repertoire study, music theory, music history, and contemporary issues related to concert music.
– Participants will receive a professional, archival recording of their performances with their chamber groups.
– Tuition for Workshop is $500.00. Financial assistance is available.
– Tuition is due in full by June 15, 2021.
– Included in tuition are tickets to all CIMF artist concerts throughout the workshop and the prior CIMF week, which will feature guest artists including the Ulysses Quartet.
– Download the enrollment form using the link above. Complete the form and send it as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail the form to the following address: WCYO, PO Box 964, Ridgefield, CT 06877
– There is a $20 application fee due at the time of application submission.
– All application forms must be postmarked by April 30, 2021 if sent by mail or submitted no later than 11:59 PM EST on April 30, 2021 if completed online or emailed.
– All auditions this year will take place via video, which should be submitted by April 30th. Videos should be submitted either as email attachments or via Google Drive or another data sharing service such as Dropbox. Please upload a video of yourself performing two contrasting works and put them in a folder titled
“Your Name – CIMF Adult Workshop 2021”. Share a link to the folder with email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact us with any questions at email@example.com or (203) 894-8786.
Charles Ives Music Festival at the WCYO reserves the right to make changes of any nature in the program based upon enrollment and represented instrumentation. This includes changes in content, cancelling of scheduled activities, or substitution of activities.