CIMF Chamber & Orchestra Performance Program – August 8-14, 2022
Our application deadline has passed. However, we are still accepting applications to the waiting list should openings arise in either the CMI or COPP program. Applicants on the waiting list may still audition live on April 24th or by video upload and will be notified of their admissions status on or before Friday, May 13th.
Tuition: $750 for non-WCYO members; $700 for WCYO members
Orchestra ONLY Tuition: $100 for WCYO alumni and for college students participating in CMI but not the full COPP program
Click HERE to learn more about application and audition information.
Click HERE to apply now.
WCYO Alumni Orchestra ONLY application click HERE
Hear the 2021 CIMF Orchestra led my conductor Eric Mahl
Jean Sibelius – Finlandia
Aaron Copland – The Tender Land: ThePromise of Living
Open to participants ages 21 and under with at least two years experience on their instruments, the Chamber & Orchestra Performance Program invites youth musicians who play orchestra instruments and composers to spend a week with CIMF Artist-Faculty in chamber music groups, orchestra, master classes, private lessons, and specialized sessions.
– This is a day program that runs 9:30 AM – 4:00 PM Monday, August 8th through Saturday, August 13th, with concerts on select evenings and a concert on Sunday, August 14th in the afternoon.
– Each participant will rehearse in at least one chamber music group led by an artist-faculty member. Each group will perform in concert on Sunday, August 14th.
– All participants will play in the CIMF Orchestra led by Eric Mahl. Seating will be determined by applicants’ auditions and/or their participation in WCYO if applicable.
– Some participants will be invited to perform with the CIMF Chamber Orchestra, a smaller group also led by Eric Mahl. This group will perform 1-3 pieces at the same concert as the CIMF Orchestra. Placement in this group will be determined by Paul Frucht and Eric Mahl based on CIMF Auditions and the specific orchestral forces required to perform the selected repertoire.
– Participants will receive tickets to all CIMF arts concerts throughout the summer 2022 festival.
– Participants will attend master classes led by the artist-faculty and guest artists focusing on both solo and chamber works. Participants will also attend specialized activities such as improvisation, Alexander Technique, and audition preparation.
REQUIRED FORMS: All accepted participants are required to sign a Communicable Disease Release of Liability & Assumption of Risk Agreement and an Informed Consent Form as well as a Commitment, Waiver & Consent Form and Code of Conduct Form.
PAYMENT: Tuition is payable by credit card/PayPal using the “Add to Cart” button at the bottom of this page or via check payable to WCYO and mailed to WCYO, P.O. Box 964, Ridgefield, CT. 06877. If financial assistance is needed, please complete the WCYO Financial Assistance Application and return with the commitment packet to maintain your placement.
TUITION IS DUE BY MONDAY, MAY 9, 2022.
TO PAY TUITION, SELECT THE PROGRAM YOU ARE PAYING FOR FROM THE DROP-DOWN MENU BELOW, THEN CLICK “ADD TO CART”.
NOTE: If you are paying for more than one program, you can add multiple selections to your cart by clicking on “Continue Shopping” in PayPal before checking out.