Charles Ives Music Festival Call for Scores
Application Deadline: March 1, 2020
The Charles Ives Music Festival (CIMF) announces its Call for Scores. Based in northern Fairfield county – the home of Charles Ives – CIMF regularly features dynamic and unique emerging artists performing the music of Charles Ives, the music of 20th and 21st century American composers, and music that transcends the traditional boundaries of classical music to incorporate other styles of music.
We are seeking recent works composed by composers of any age and at the early or emerging stages of their careers for all or any subset of the following: flute (picc. + alto), clarinet (Eb + bass cl.), 2 violins, 2 violas, 2 cellos, and piano.
We will choose one work to be performed during the Charles Ives Music Festival at a concert during the week of August 10th. Pieces are performed by guest artists and artist-faculty. Read about them here.
Submissions will be selected by a panel consisting of CIMF Artistic Director Paul Frucht, Associate Artistic Director Jon Cziner, and 2020 Composer-in-Residence Kati Agocs.
Additionally, works not chosen for this particular performance will be kept in mind for future performances. While we cannot provide funds for housing or transportation, the selected composer is invited to the concert to see his or her work performed and will receive an archival recording.
– Any composer residing within the United States, or an American citizen residing abroad, is eligible regardless of age, sex, color, creed, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or veteran status.
– Pieces should be no longer than 10 minutes in duration and must be composed for any combination of flute (picc. + alto), clarinet (Eb + bass cl.), 2 violins, 2 violas, 2 cellos, and piano.
– Pieces with a performance history are welcome, but please list all previous performances or readings and the performing ensemble as directed in the Application Process section below.
– Composers may submit as many pieces as they wish for consideration (payment details below)
1. All submissions must be sent to CIMFCallforscores@gmail.com and email@example.com No hard copy submissions will be accepted.
2. The subject of your email should read “(Your name) Charles Ives Music Festival Call for Scores Submission 2020”
3. Please include the following information in your email:
– Full name
– Telephone number
– PDF of a bio and/or resume (two pages maximum)
– A link/file of an audio or video recording of your work. Live recordings preferred, MIDI recordings accepted.
– Performance history of the work if applicable
To complete your submission, please make a payment of $15 for every submitted piece through. Click the Add to Cart button below to pay via PayPal or credit card.
*While we charge a fee in order to cover the overhead costs associated with this annual call, we do not wish to exclude anyone due to financial circumstances. If the application fee is not feasible for you due to financial circumstances, but you still wish to submit a work(s) to our competition, please contact us at CIMFCallforscores@gmail.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for Submission:
– All emailed submissions must be received by Sunday March 1, 2020 at 11:59 PM EST.
– The selected composer will be notified by Wednesday, April 1, 2020.
For questions on the Call for Scores program, please contact Jon Cznier at CIMFcallforscores@gmail.com
Click below to submit the $15 Call for Scores Application Fee